Access - The Brook Theatre
The main entrance is situated on The Brook and is approached via
steps with handrails either side. There are automatic doors at the
top of the stairs and an electric platform lift for wheelchairs and
pushchairs. There is a secondary entrance on Whiffens Avenue, with
a ramped entrance at street level but no automated door.
On the ground floor, there is wheelchair access to the
conference room, box office, café, gallery and the toilet for
disabled people. A lift in the ground floor foyer can then provide
further access to the main theatre, the studio theatre and the
theatre bar on the second floor. Four wheelchair spaces per
performance are available in the main theatre and one per
performance in the studio theatre.
The pay and display car park has disabled parking.
Basement - two flights of stairs lead to:
- the basement dance studio,
- the basement drama studio,
- the function room.
- conference room,
- large dance studio,
- small dance studio,
- art gallery,
- box office,
- vending services
- ladies and disabled toilets,
- two steps leading up to the gentlemen’s toilets, activity room
and meeting room.
First floor (accessible by either the main stairs or a
- Studio Theatre,
- Main Theatre,
- Mayor’s Parlour
Facilities for customers with disabilities
We are very sorry that, due to technical failure, we have
recently had to withdraw our Loop system for the hard of hearing.
We are seeking a replacement system as a matter of priority. We
offer our apologies to our hard of hearing customers in the
There are also:
- low range, portable loop systems available by arrangement with
the Duty Manager;
- voice amplification systems at the box office;
- high contrast, tactile signs throughout the theatre;
- four wheelchair spaces per performance are available in the
Main Theatre and one is available in the Studio Theatre.
- Sign language interpretation - certain shows will be sign
language interpreted and you can find this information in the
- Strobe lighting - warning notices advising of the use of
stroboscopic lighting effects are displayed in the entrance foyer
on the day of the performances concerned
- Large print – theatre brochures are both available, on request,
in large print.
Assisted access scheme
Both theatres regret that bookings for wheelchair users cannot
be made online. If you would like to book tickets for a wheelchair
user, please contact
the box office and staff will contact you during normal office
hours. Find out more about the assisted access