1. The purpose of this policy
2. Contacting our theatres and events teams
Address: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
Phone number: 01634 333 333
3. Information that we collect from you
3.1 Information that you give us: When you register to our website, buy tickets or subscribe to our memberships, we collect and store the personal information that you provide such as your name, e-mail and physical address, phone number and purchase details.
3.2 Information about your interactions with us: We collect information about how you interact with us, including information provided at the time of subscribing for a particular service, posting material or requesting further services. When we send you a mailing, we keep a record of this and, in the case of emails, we keep a record of which you have opened and the links you have followed. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website.
3.3 We may collect generic information about your visits to and use of the website such as your IP addresses, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information and we may use this information for a number of purposes such as and without limitation optimising the use of the website, disclosing to third party contributors or for security purposes. We may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting and to track information such as which browser, screen resolution and IP address you are using to access our website, in addition to tracking your movements around our website.
4. Legal basis
There are three legal bases under which we may process your data:
4.1 Performance of Contract: When you make a purchase from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to fulfil this contract we need to process and store your data. We may also need to contact you by email or phone, for example, in the event of changes or a cancellation of a show, or if there are problems with a payment.
4.2: Legitimate Interest: We aim to communicate with you about forthcoming shows and events in ways that are relevant, timely and respectful. To do this, we use information about you such as shows and events that you have attended in the past, as well as any preferences you may have told us about. We use our legitimate interest in you as an existing customer for the basis of such communications, which may take the form of either e-mail or hard mail communications. In the case of postal communications, you may request at any time, using any of the contact details contained in this policy, to stop receiving these. In the case of email communications, you can choose not to receive these form the outset of creating your account with us. If you do not do so, we will provide you with an option to do so in every subsequent email we subsequently send you for marketing purposes, or you can request to do so by using any contact details in this policy. You can also adjust your marketing preferences at any time by logging into your web account and making the changes.
4.3 In using the Legitimate Interest legal base, we commit that we will do so only where this does not infringe your fundamental rights and freedoms, and we will take into consideration your reasonable expectations based on your relationship with us.
4.4: Consent: For any data processes where the two legal bases above are not appropriate, we will ask you for your explicit consent before using your personal data.
5 Use of your information
5.1 We will only use your information for the following purposes:
- (a) to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- (b) to provide you with marketing communications, news and information by post, email, SMS and/or phone about our products, services and events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have not requested that we cease to do so
- (c) to provide you with marketing communications by post, email, SMS and/or phone about products, services and news and communications of other third parties that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have not requested that we cease to do so
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- (e) to provide customer service in relation to your use of the website, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the website and to notify you about changes to our service
- (f) to administer, support, improve and develop our website
- (g) to personalise the website so as to improve your user browsing experience
- (h) to send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications, such as information about the website and services provided to you by us at that time
- (i) to internally monitor users' use of the website to help us to analyse audience make-up, track booking patterns, review audience attendance and review other website behaviour in order to determine what other products, services and events you may be interested in and in order to assist us improve our business generally
- (j) provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be able to be used to identify any individual user
- (k) Your information may be used to improve our services
6. Disclosure of your information
6.2 We may disclose your personal information to:
- (i) other carefully selected Medway Council service areas to contact you about products, services and events which may be of interest to you, except where you have informed us that you do not wish us to do so
- (ii) specific and limited third parties. This will be limited to only include our pantomime partner. We will do this only where you are a previous pantomime booker, and where it is potentially beneficial to you, for example where they wish to reward bookers of previous pantomime performances
- (iii) any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any service to which you have subscribed via the website (including without limitation for the purposes of processing payments, designing, maintaining and administering the Site)
7.2 We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of the Site, to improve the Site's usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit the Site, to monitor website traffic and to personalise the Site for you.
7.3 If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the 'Help' section of your browser. If you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
7.4 As mentioned above, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to the Site may be used to create reports about the use of the Site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
8. Security and data retention
8.1 We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will keep your information, including your name, address, email, phone number and card details (where applicable), for the duration of your membership of the website (where available) and for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
8.2 We will store all the personal information you provide, including your login and user details (where applicable), on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
8.3 Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
9. International data transfers
9.1 Our servers are in the United Kingdom (UK), however we collect data from wherever users are. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
9.2 Your personal data may be transferred, processed and/or stored outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
10. Your rights
10.1 You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the information provided above. We will require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we can release any customer information.
10.2 You may request us to stop sending you any marketing information at any time by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to unsubscribe you from further communications
- logging into your Medway Tickets Live client account and changing your marketing preferences
If you withdraw your consent to certain types of the processing described above we may be unable to maintain your membership of the Site.
10.3 If you have received unwanted, unsolicited emails sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
11. Updating information
Let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated at any time.
Read our security policy